Multimedia Sound Design and Composition
By Nick Cole-Hamilton
Born and raised in Scotland, Nick is a sound designer, composer, and producer based in Edinburgh. His undergraduate degree was in English literature. Since his early teens, Nick has been playing video games and writing and recording music under the moniker Jake Lake. He recently completed an MSc in Sound Design with distinction at the University of Edinburgh, focusing on interactive audio for video games (including both sound design and composition) and poetic interpretations of fixed media. Nick enjoys a whole bunch of things including but not limited to: all kinds of gaming, tinkering in the studio, films and cooking.
- MSc Sound Design with distinction, Edinburgh University 2015-2017.
- Comfortable with multiple DAWs, favouring Reaper.
- Strong studio and field recording skills.
- Audio installation and live sound experience.
- Experienced at implementing dynamic audio into game environments.
- Adept at video editing in Adobe Premiere.
- Skilled at using Max/MSP and PureData as sound design tools.